Posted by Rojas @ 7:42 pm on March 6th 2013

Or, you could have Senator Ashley Judd.

I will speak until I can no longer speak. I will speak as long as it takes, until the alarm is sounded from coast to coast that our Constitution is important, that your rights to trial by jury are precious, that no American should be killed by a drone on American soil without first being charged with a crime, without first being found to be guilty by a court.

If he’s gonna speak for hours on end, we can surely at least be bothered to throw him a mention. Attaboy, Rand.

1. This is quite fun. It is refreshing and fantastic to see.

Comment by Cameron — 3/6/2013 @ 9:35 pm

2. I note that the 1964 Civil Rights Act is once again a topic of urgent discussion in the social media.

We truly do have the government we deserve.

Comment by Rojas — 3/6/2013 @ 10:48 pm

3. I figured I’d tune in just to catch a glimpse but I’ve been listening for an hour and a half now. It feels like a bit of history and I’m having a blast.

Comment by Cameron — 3/6/2013 @ 10:55 pm

4. I will note, he is looking a bit ragged.

Comment by Cameron — 3/6/2013 @ 10:55 pm

5. Oh, yeah, he’s toast.

But as futile gestures for the sake of public attention go, this is the right time and the right issue. History will remember him very kindly for this.

Comment by Rojas — 3/6/2013 @ 11:01 pm

6. Amen, Rojas. I must once again confess that I foolishly misjudged the gravity of the civil rights infractions of the previous administration even as Brad, you, and others here voiced deep concern. I have never been so wrong in my life. Lesson learned.

Comment by James — 3/6/2013 @ 11:20 pm

7. James! Fantastic to see you around these parts.

Also, this Cruz guy is suddenly mildly interesting. If for no other reason, this exercise is serving as pretty effective introduction to some respectable individuals in the current Senate.

Comment by Cameron — 3/6/2013 @ 11:31 pm

8. Also, there are people milling about now. And there’s new blood talking. Toomey of PA is talking right now, and McConnell just finished some other remarks, one of which was his opposition to any forthcoming cloture vote.

Paul really is looking rather bad, but the new blood and activity might give him a bit of a breather. He’s been pretty quiet for the last hour or so, however. I’m curious to see how thus unfolds.

Comment by Cameron — 3/7/2013 @ 12:43 am

9. Backchannel the group please, James. A lot of us will be happy to speak to you.

Comment by Rojas — 3/7/2013 @ 12:59 am

10. Also, huzzah, a second wind for Paul to respond to Durbin’s question.

Comment by Cameron — 3/7/2013 @ 1:03 am

11. This is pretty hilarious.

Comment by Adam — 3/7/2013 @ 1:33 am

12. And it’s ending without drama after twelve, almost thirteen hours.

Comment by Cameron — 3/7/2013 @ 1:39 am

13. Ultimately, the nation took second place to urination.

Quality stuff. Didn’t have to go to the phone book even once.

Comment by Rojas — 3/7/2013 @ 1:41 am

14. Backchannel the group please, James. A lot of us will be happy to speak to you.

Comment by Rojas 3/7/2013 @ 12:59 am