Posted by Brad @ 9:16 pm on August 29th 2008

Tooting Our Own Horn

You know, we get things wrong a lot, and in the chatter, say a lot, but it occurred to me today that we’re also racking up a damn fine track record this season.

James, as we’ve been arguing, more or less correctly identified the Hillary Clinton speech for what it was, and has been more or less right on her throughout the primaries. Rojas cut through the noise and nailed the likely truth behind the John Edwards fiasco. And I managed to get all four major candidates right.

In December of last year, I correctly picked not just both major party nominees (I called it Obama and McCain before Christmas), but more or less accurately predicted the ORDER of how all the candidates would finish (McCain, Romney, Huckabee, Giuliani/Paul; Obama, Clinton, Edwards)(though the reasonings didn’t all pan out 100%, but what do you want, voting hadn’t even started). And, as I’m crowing about presently, by July, I nailed both VP candidates (though that wasn’t a prediction per se). So I’m mildly impressed with myself tonight.

The Crossed Pond: Where You Go When You Want Right.

1. Or in James’s case, Far Right.

Comment by Rojas — 8/29/2008 @ 9:38 pm

2. I am the Jimmy Kimmel of the political electoral predictions blogosphere.

Comment by Brad — 8/29/2008 @ 9:42 pm

3. Awww. Poor Adam has no accurate predictions to his name.

Comment by Cameron — 8/29/2008 @ 9:42 pm

4. I was racking my brain but nothing was coming to me. I’m sure he can chime in.

Comment by Brad — 8/29/2008 @ 9:44 pm

5. He predicted that I’d be wrong about Huckabee. That’s got to count for something.

Comment by Rojas — 8/29/2008 @ 9:45 pm

6. Brad, you are a whore. I’m just sayin’.

Comment by James — 8/30/2008 @ 1:16 am

7. Oh, and Rojas, it’s “James'” college boy.

Comment by James — 8/30/2008 @ 1:17 am

8. We appear to have forgotten who consistently rated McCain highest in the Primary veepstakes.

Comment by Adam — 8/30/2008 @ 9:29 am

9. However, predictions of this sort are just for fun. Of course, make enough and some will come right.

Comment by Adam — 8/30/2008 @ 9:30 am

10. That’s what I keep telling myself. Yet I’m more or less 0-for-lifetime politics-wise.

Comment by Rojas — 8/30/2008 @ 11:07 am

11. I knew you were gonna say that.

Comment by James — 8/30/2008 @ 12:34 pm