Posted by Brad @ 1:00 pm on May 28th 2008

The Dumbest Political Controversy of the Month

Michelle Malkin takes it.

See, Rachel Ray recently filmed a Dunkin Donuts commercial in which she was wearing a scarf, and…

Aw hell. I don’t even have the heart or patience to type it beyond that. It’s just too dumb to put to words.

Needless to say, the anti-islamofascist brigades continue to go a long way towards marginalizing themselves by essentially doing nothing but whipping each other into a useless frenzy on a near daily basis.

1. Odd. I would submit that most Dunkin Donuts I have visited have a woman or two behind the counter wearing scarves — on their heads.

Comment by James — 5/28/2008 @ 1:53 pm

2. Ugh.

As a friend, you don’t come off well when you make comments like that.

Comment by Brad — 5/28/2008 @ 2:43 pm

3. It didn’t sound racist/whathaveyou to me. It sounded more like a comment about the weirdness of launching the campaign at the Rachel Ray commercial if they really have a hard-on for getting at them Dunkin Donut moslems.

Comment by Adam — 5/28/2008 @ 4:03 pm

4. It sounded like “Dunkin Donuts has all those crazy ethnics who work there. Zing! Women with scarves on their heads! Ha ha!”.

But I didn’t mean to make a big deal of it.

I think we can all agree on one thing though: Rachel Ray was using her Dunkin Donuts commercial appearance to advance the agenda of Hamas and bring Islamofascist appeasement into the cultural mainstream by way of fashion.

Man, even just saying it like that, do these people not have any idea how ridiculous they sound?

Comment by Brad — 5/28/2008 @ 5:34 pm

5. Brad, Adam called it right. I was as serious as a heart attack in that I have seen a great many Muslims working at Dunkin Donuts. It just makes Malkin’s take on this look even dumber, and even elitist (has she ever been to a Dunkin Donuts?), than it already does.

Comment by James — 5/29/2008 @ 2:51 pm