Posted by Brad @ 12:40 am on February 29th 2008

Music Video of the Ron Paul Campaign

I have to admit, with very very few exceptions, I find explicitly political songs to be obscenely obnoxious—or chintzy, at best—and it tends to get worse the more specific they are. In the Ron Paul campaign, I’ve passed on reposting some of the songs and videos made from supporters—though I appreciate the sentiment and effort—because, frankly, they kind of make me cringe, from a music-lover’s perspective.

But this one is worth passing on. It took me about the first minute to get over my knee-jerk reaction, but once I did, it’s actually…well, pretty f***ing cool. And catchy. Gotta hand it to her: Suicide Girls know how to rock out.

Aimee Allen – Revolution

1. I hate pretty much everything that’s been produced on behalf of candidates this year, up to and including the “Yes We Can” video that everybody else is in love with.

I will grant that this artist appears to have actual talent, and that the song doesn’t suck outright.

One thing, though: I was under the impression that Suicide Girls as an institution was pretty overtly anti-Paul. Possibly I was misinformed, or I judged hastily based on a couple of their posts early in the campaign.

Comment by Rojas — 2/29/2008 @ 1:02 am

2. Can’t say I’m up enough on SG to know for sure, but they seem to have had a hand in this video, or at least some of them did (click through to the YouTube to see the credits).

Maybe now that he’s a racist he’s edgy again?

Comment by Brad — 2/29/2008 @ 1:05 am

3. Man, even I feel bad for that joke. :(

Not bad enough to delete it, of course.

Comment by Brad — 2/29/2008 @ 1:06 am

4. We can only wait that glorious day when the GOP finally succumbs to the r3VOLution and Aimee Allen supplants Toby keith…:)

Comment by Kaligula — 2/29/2008 @ 1:35 am

5. Amen.

Comment by Brad — 2/29/2008 @ 1:42 am

6. heh, heh Brad, man, if only the sarcasm tag was officially part of the XHTML markup language

Comment by Kaligula — 2/29/2008 @ 1:46 am

7. Sarcasm? I’d give my left nut for ANYTHING to supplant Toby Keith.

Comment by Brad — 2/29/2008 @ 1:47 am

8. Maybe that should be my right nut.

Comment by Brad — 2/29/2008 @ 1:47 am

9. Toby is planning a double live CD release soon, you can give up both nuts…

Comment by Kaligula — 2/29/2008 @ 1:54 am

10. If we must have one, my preferred rally cry song is Rush: Freewill.

Comment by Jack — 2/29/2008 @ 10:02 am

11. I knew I had something in common with Jack… or is MY sarcasm detector broken?

Comment by Redland Jack — 2/29/2008 @ 12:22 pm

12. No sarcasm at all. At last we find common ground.

Comment by Jack — 2/29/2008 @ 1:30 pm