Posted by James @ 9:10 pm on February 29th 2008

For Brad.

1. Wouldn’t have pegged you for a Barenaked Ladies fan.

I spent an awful lot of time in a bar in Des Moines, Iowa, full of drunk frat guys singing “If I Had a Million Dollars”.

Comment by Brad — 2/29/2008 @ 10:18 pm

2. However, this does illustrate that instead of just bitching about what I post, my fellow bloggers are always welcome to throw up their own Music Videos of the whatever.

Comment by Brad — 2/29/2008 @ 10:19 pm

3. Right-o.

Comment by Rojas — 2/29/2008 @ 10:24 pm

4. I will always bitch about everything you do that doesn’t meet my needs, Brad. You have known me long enough to understand that.

Comment by James — 2/29/2008 @ 10:52 pm

5. Man, you Kansans really need to come out of the barn now and then.

Comment by James — 2/29/2008 @ 10:54 pm

6. Well, excuse me for trying to expose you Phillistines to a little culture.

Comment by Rojas — 2/29/2008 @ 11:06 pm

7. Yes, thank you. I am afraid that true musical talent trumps sweaty, half-naked barn boys pretty much every time. Are you trying to annex Brad’s failure?

Comment by James — 2/29/2008 @ 11:15 pm

8. For James: GG Allen.

Comment by Brad — 3/1/2008 @ 12:03 am

9. Allin.

I give you GG Allin, I give you Gwar, I give you the Detroit Pistons singing Jingle Bells. Yet my musical contributions to this blog remain somehow unrecognized and unrewarded.

Comment by Rojas — 3/1/2008 @ 12:31 am

10. I love his wikipedia entry into:

Kevin Michael “GG” Allin (born Jesus Christ Allin 29 August 1956 28 June 1993) was a punk rock singer-songwriter and musician who performed and recorded with many groups during his career.

Allin is best remembered for his notorious live performances that typically featured wildly transgressive acts such as Allin defecating and urinating onstage, rolling in (and often consuming) excrement, committing self-injury, performing naked, taunting people to perform fellatio on him, and violent actions towards the audience. Although more notorious for his stage antics than for his wide body of music, he recorded prolifically, not only in the punk rock genre, but also in spoken word, country and Rolling Stones-influenced rock. Though he has a small, devoted cult following, Allin’s music, typically shoddily recorded and of mediocre musicianship, has received nearly universally poor reviews from critics.

Comment by Brad — 3/1/2008 @ 12:50 am

11. At one point, in an effort to satirize punk rock, the TV show “WKRP in Cincinnati” invented a band called “Scum of the Earth”. The height of the parody was the claim, by the band, that “Very few bands actually physically attack their audience.”

Less than five years later, GG Allin was exceeding the extremes of parody. By a wide, wide margin.

I’d say “RIP”, but I don’t think he’d enjoy that. RIW.

Comment by Rojas — 3/1/2008 @ 12:57 am

12. I didn’t know that he was born with the name “Jesus Christ”.

And that’s the LESS weird aspect of his life.

Comment by Brad — 3/1/2008 @ 1:20 am

13. You see, Brad? People dying can be good.

Comment by James — 3/1/2008 @ 3:01 am