Posted by Brad @ 5:51 pm on October 6th 2007

Be Jealous

So, Brad, what are you doing next week?

Well, I’ll tell you. I’m going to two major events, taking my traveling road show of of awesomeness, to try and raise money for our Ron Paul New Hampshire project.

So, what events is the campaign sending you to this week, Brad?

First, Thursday, October 11th, I’ll be in Arlington Virginia (crashing with Adam’s brother most likely) for this:

Arlington, VA. Ron Paul will speak to the Robert A Taft Club on his principles for a conservative foreign policy in the 21st century, paying particular attention to the issues of terrorism, emerging world powers, and the current occupation of Iraq. The meeting will be Thursday, 8-10pm in the Fillmore Room at the Boulevard Woodgrill, 2901 Wilson Blvd., near the Clarendon metro stop, (directions). Light appetizers will be served, and there will be a pay bar.

Wow Brad! That is indeed teh awesome. Is that all?

Why no.

From Arlington, I’m then tooling over to New York City, where the Manhattan Meetup group has agreed to put us up. There, I’ll be attending this.

The Mises Institute will gather in New York, with special guests Ron Paul and Andrew Napolitano, to celebrate our 25th anniversary, discuss the legacy of Mises, his students such as Murray Rothbard, and the movement Mises inspired. Together with the Mises Institute faculty, we’ll look at the past and to the bright future.

The 25th Anniversary Mises Institute shindig?! Wow!

That’s right. And check out the lineup.

Friday, October 12
9:00 am – 2:00 p.m. Optional Misesian-Rothbardian Tour of New York
6:00 p.m. Registration and refreshments, Ballroom E, Ballroom Level, Grand Hyatt
6:30 p.m. Welcome, Llewellyn H. Rockwell, Jr.
6:45 p.m. Judge Andrew Napolitano: “Civil Liberties in Wartime”
7:30 p.m. Schlarbaum Award for Lifetime Defense of Liberty presented to Robert Higgs by Gary Schlarbaum
7:45 p.m. Robert Higgs: “The Song that Is Irresistible: How the State Leads People to Their Own Destruction”
Schlarbaum Reception Following, Ballroom A

Saturday, October 13
8:30 a.m. Coffee
9:00 a.m. David Gordon: “The Most Illiberal Living Thinkers”
9:20 a.m. Jeffrey M. Herbener: “Misesian Economics in Truly Private Schools”
9:40 a.m. Discussion and refreshments
10:00 a.m. Mark Thornton: “The Second Prohibition”
10:20 a.m. Peter G. Klein: “The Firm as the Engine of Social Change”
10:40 a.m. Discussion and refreshments
11:00 a.m. Joseph T. Salerno: “Volcker, Greenspan, Bernanke: 25 Years of “Fed Management”
11:20 a.m. Jeffrey Tucker: “The Mises Institute and the Techno-Revolution”
11:40 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. Lunch at Charlie Palmer’s Metrazur Restaurant, Grand Central Station, with Ron Paul: “Changing the World”
2:00 p.m.. Walter Block: “Rothbard and Big Tent Libertarianism” (Ballroom E, Hyatt)
2:20 p.m. Thomas E. Woods: “Rothbard’s Protest Against Left and Right”
2:40 p.m. Discussion and refreshments
3:00 p.m. Roderick T. Long: “Mises as Radical: Retrospective on Rothbard’s Thesis”
3:20 p.m. Thomas J. DiLorenzo: “Mises as Inspiration”
3:40 p.m. Discussion and refreshments
4:00 p.m. Hans-Hermann Hoppe: “The State, the Intellectuals, and the Role of Anti-Intellectual-Intellectuals”
4:20 p.m. Ralph Raico: “Mises’s Liberalism Revisited”
4:40 p.m. Adjourn
6:30 p.m. Reception, Manhattan Ballroom Foyer
7:30 p.m. Mises-Rothbard Dinner (black-tie optional), Manhattan Ballroom
Burton S. Blumert: Master of Ceremonies
John Denson: “A Personal History of the Mises Institute”
Jörg Guido Hülsmann: “Mises Around the World”
Llewellyn H. Rockwell, Jr. : “The First and Next 25 Years”

Rothbard Late-Night Reception Following (optional), Ballroom A

Lew Rockwell, Ron Paul, Andrew Napolitano, Thomas Woods, Walter Block, Thomas DiLorenzo, and more? That can’t be! That’s too good to be true!

Well it is true. What are you, calling me a liar? I’ll cut you. I will fight you.

Don’t taze me, bro! So what is this Monumental Trip of Awesomeness going to cost you?

Not a dime.

/falls over

Anyway, that’s where I’ll be this upcoming weekend. Suck it.

1. Ah, the spotless schedule of the eternal student.

Me, I will spend Friday and Saturday at Blue Valley High School in Stillwell, Kansas, attempting to derive some sense of accomplishment from training fifteen-year-olds to argue about health care in Africa.

Don’t ever enter the real world, Brad. You won’t like it here.

Comment by Rojas — 10/6/2007 @ 7:59 pm

2. Hey man, I have two jobs at present. Besides, I’ve lived in the real world plenty between schools. You’re not in the real world until you’re working at McDonalds and living in a trailer to survive, or living in your car and showering in YMCAs while you scratch together money for an apartment by working day labor. I find it to be vastly overrated as a source of dull “I work for a living” pride.

Comment by Brad — 10/6/2007 @ 8:59 pm

3. Fair enough. Admittedly, coaching debate isn’t exactly ditch-digging.

Comment by Rojas — 10/6/2007 @ 10:13 pm

4. But let’s get back to the topic at hand, that being, how awesome my upcoming weekend is going to be.

Comment by Brad — 10/6/2007 @ 10:19 pm

5. Best/funniest post evarrrr!!

Comment by weltschmerz — 10/7/2007 @ 4:03 am

6. Pay bar?

wtf?

Time to get used to sleeping in the car again, brad.

Comment by Vacuous — 10/8/2007 @ 2:39 pm